Elliot Brown was founded by Ian Elliot and Alex Brown who learned their trade at Animal, the active-sports brand best remembered for developing the Velcro watchstrap.
Twenty years at Animal taught us a lot about how to build watches able to survive in saltwater, snow, and sand, and we bring all that experience to bear, designing beautifully made highly robust watches trusted by professionals - Mountain Rescue team members, Clipper Round the World skippers and crew, and specialist British military personnel supplied with the Holton Professional.
Although we've never advertised our Special Projects and only undertake commissions via recommendation, we produce several Special Projects a year, typically for the military and the Security Services.
Our Special Projects enable us to donate significant sums to charities every year, with recent beneficiaries including the Submarine Service, Royal Navy and Royal Marines charities, Air Ambulances, and Navy Wings.
From every Sea Harrier 40th Anniversary watch sold, we will donate £40 to Navy Wings.
To celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Sea Harrier entering service, we have collaborated with Navy Wings to design a watch that celebrates the Sea Harrier's unique contribution to aerial warfare. Based on our best-selling Canford pilot's watch, this watch is bespoke in every way:
- Dark metallic sunray grey dial and black hands
- Vintage cream graphics and luminous printing
- Matt black strap with cream stitching and folding deployant buckle
- The hour marker adjacent to the '40' marker on the dial is picked out in azure blue - the main colour of the Falkland Islands Coat of Arms: the Sea Harrier shot down twenty Argentine aircraft in the Falklands War with no air to air losses.
- The minutes markers in the bottom left corner of the dial are uniquely picked out in white against the metallic dark grey dial and annotated 30° and 60°, mimicking the graphics printed on the aircraft's fuselage illustrating the angle of the jet nozzles.
- Matching the minutes markers, a detailed silhouette of the aircraft is printed in subdued grey at 6 o'clock on the dial, with 'SHAR' micro printed below.
- Aircraft silhouette deep acid etched in relief on the caseback, above its dates in service
- 25 characters of personal engraving in an arc around the bottom
- Sapphire crystal
- Screw in strap bars
- Individually tested to 200m in water
- Interchangeable straps
- Swiss quartz movement
- 3yr battery life & low battery warning
- Caseback graphic will always be vertical
- Black leather strap with folding deployant buckle
There is a space for up to 25 characters (including spaces) to be engraved on the caseback free of charge. Your text will be engraved in an arc at the bottom, where it says PERSONAL ENGRAVING in the render.
Please enter a maximum of 25 characters (spaces and punctuation are classed as characters) into the Custom Engraving box at the top of the page during the checkout process, and we will engrave your watch during production. The font used for the engraving will match the other watch specification lettering.
Please double-check the text before submitting your order. The text submitted in the message box will be engraved on your watch exactly as it appears in the box, so please make sure you are happy with it as we can take no responsibility for any errors.
These watches are built individually to order and will not be available commercially.
This ordering page will be available until midnight on 19th September 2019 after which point it will be removed and no more orders can be accepted.
Production will commence immediately and before being certified fit for sale, every watch must pass a demanding series of tests and quality checks. This typically takes around 140 days, meaning we are expecting the watches to be built, tested, engraved, and ready in February 2020, at which point, we will check them over in our Poole office prior to despatching them.
Please note that if you move house between ordering and delivery it's important to inform us of your new address so that we can make sure your watch arrives safely.
If youy have any questions about the watch or the ordering process, please email us at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)1202 338600 during office hours.